Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Monthly Listening Post - March 2007

It's time for a new batch of recommended music before some highly-anticipated April releases such as Kings of Leon, Feist, and Bright Eyes. Here they are:

Bright Eyes - Four Winds Ep
Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter - Like, Love, Lust & the Open Halls of the Soul
Old Crow Medicine Show - Big Iron World (I don't know why I didn't get this earlier but it should definitely be on my Best of '06 Honorable Mention list.)
Tea Leaf Green - Rock 'n' Roll Band (Saw them open for Little Feat last Thursday at the Magic City Music Dump. One of the few post-Phish jambands whose songs I actually like.)
Todd Snider - The Devil You Know

One of the few festivals I've wanted to go to but never been is moe.down, held every Labor Day Weekend by the jamband moe. not too far outside Utica. The lineup this year features Ryan Adams and the reunited Meat Puppets. I'm highly intrigued and being only a couple hours away, I think I'll give it a try.

No comments: