Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Palindromes


Palindromes (Todd Solondz, 2005) [2]
I can’t really give a much better review than here, which states everything that I feel about this film. Solondz is a mean-spirited filmmaker that uses cheap provocation and tries to disguise it as intelligent discourse. The entire essence of the storyline here is beyond my comprehension. What exactly is he trying to say; obviously it’s nothing that important because I can’t figure it out. Just some cheap shots at how shitty suburbia is (again) and picking on Jesus freaks (way too easy). Plus, the way multiple actors are used here makes it a gimmick, unlike in That Obscure Object of Desire, in which it has a real important and innovative purpose. That Solondz continues to get any credit as a filmmaker of substance boggles my mind.

No comments: