Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Monthly Listening Post - February 2007

It is only halfway through the month, but there have been so many new releases since I've posted the last listening post that I would forget some if I didn't do anything now. The amount of new stuff is right up there with any month since I began doing this:

1) VietNam - VietNam (this is the early front-runner for my favorite album of 2007)
2) The Shins - Wincing the Night Away (a much more musically interesting album than the previous two)
3) The Broken West - I Can't Go On, I'll Go On
4) Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
5) Various Artists - Endless Highway: The Music of the Band (My Morning Jacket nail 'It Makes No Difference')
6) Explosions In the Sky - Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell the Truth Shall Live Forever (I just got into this band so I'm going with older material)
7) The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible (this isn't out yet, but come on, it's not that hard to find

Up here in the Norheast, we're expecting a big snowstorm into tomorrow which would normally grab my attention except tomorrow is Bonnaroo Lineup Announcement Day. The Police have already spilled the beans and are the Saturday night headliner. I'm not that big a fan but for the same price as paying for a single Police show on their upcoming tour, I can see them with a whole bunch of other acts for an entire weekend. I just have a feeling this year is going to be the best lineup ever. We'll just have to see tomorrow morning.

No comments: